(Redirected from Thistledown Racecourse)
Find 15 listings related to Harrahs Casino in Warrensville Heights on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Harrahs Casino locations in Warrensville Heights, OH.
- Tis casino was taken over by MGM. The slot machines were the same but the service much worse. The staff just wasn't as friendly. It was a Monday night so I know that they had less staff on hand but in two hours, not one staff member asked me if I wanted a drink or even said hi. I hope it improves. I like it's location.
- Casinos in Warrensville Heights on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Casinos in Warrensville Heights, OH.
- BBB Accredited Casino near Warrensville Heights, OH. BBB Start with Trust ®. Your guide to trusted BBB Ratings, customer reviews and BBB Accredited businesses.
|Jack Thistledown Racino|
| Location ||North Randall, Ohio|
| Address ||21501 Emery Road|
|Opening date||April 9, 2013 (as casino)|
|Total gaming space||57,000 sq ft (5,300 m2)|
|Operating license holder||Jack Entertainment|
|Coordinates||Coordinates: 41°26′14″N81°31′49″W / 41.4371°N 81.5303°W|
Jack Thistledown Racino
|Course type||Flat, Harness Racing|
|Notable races||Cane Pace|
Jack Thistledown Racino is a thoroughbredracetrack and casino in North Randall, Ohio, at the outskirts of the city of Cleveland. It is owned by Vici Properties and operated by Jack Entertainment.
History and Information
The track came under the regulation of the Ohio Racing Commission in 1931 when it was formed. The track is the home of the Ohio Derby, the only graded stakes race in Ohio.
The track races under the Ohio 7/7 Program which means that live racing is held at two locations in the state at the same time. During the summer Thistledown races seven races on a card and Belterra Park (formerly River Downs) races the other seven. In September, Beulah Park takes over for Belterra Park. Ohio racing is dark January to March. The track declined in recent years due to summertime competition and the lack of slot machines that neighboring tracks have.
In 2007, Thistledown's parent company, Magna Entertainment, announced that the racetrack was for sale. As a result of staggering losses in which Magna Entertainment reported net losses of $87.4 million in 2006, $105.3 million in 2005 and $95.6 million in 2004, and has an accumulated deficit of $393.8 million as of March 31, 2007, Magna Entertainment stated: 'Accordingly, the company's ability to continue as a going concern is in substantial doubt and is dependent on the company generating cash flows that are adequate to sustain the operations of the business, renew or extend current financing arrangements and maintain its obligations with respect to secured and unsecured creditors, none of which is assured...'. Once-thriving Thistledown, which hosts the $300,000 Ohio Derby, posted a pretax loss of $4.5 million in 2006. Thistledown and parent company, Magna Entertainment, recently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Thistledown was purchased in 2010 by Harrah's Entertainment (now Caesars Entertainment) for $43 million. The track was subsequently contributed to a Caesars joint venture with Rock Gaming in Summer 2012.
In June 2012, the State of Ohio inked a memorandum of understanding authorizing the state's seven racetracks to offer video lottery terminals (VLTs), and permitted some tracks to relocate to less gaming-concentrated areas of the state.
In August 2012, Rock Ohio Caesars announced plans to invest $88 million to develop a racino at the existing North Randall site. Enhancements to the facility include transforming the main floor of ThistleDown’s grandstand into a 57,000 sq. ft. gaming space that will offer approximately 1,150 VLTs. Plans also included a 60-seat restaurant, two food court outlets, and a lounge.
Rock Gaming acquired Caesars Entertainment's 20% stake in Rock Ohio Caesars in February 2015, and later in the year announced that it would assume management of the properties, including Thistledown. Rock Gaming announced in February 2016 that the company and its casinos would rebrand under the Jack name. The racino closed for a day in March 2016 to undergo its transition to the Jack name and management.
In 2020, Jack sold Thistledown in a leaseback deal to Vici Properties, with Vici buying Thistledown and Jack Cleveland Casino for a total of $843 million, and renting the two properties back to Jack for $66 million per year.
On March 13, 2020, the track was closed until further notice following the directive from the State of Ohio and to comply with the Director of Ohio Department of Health's Order related to mass gatherings.
The track has a one-mile dirt oval. There is no turf course.
The track's premier race is the Grade IIIOhio Derby. The track also hosts numerous overnight handicaps and minor stakes during its April to September racing season. Ungraded handicaps and stakes run in 2010 are:
Casino In Warrensville Ohio
- Angenora Stakes
- Dr. T. F. Classen Memorial Stakes
- Mike Rowland Memorial Handicap
- J. William (Bill) Petro Memorial Handicap
- Cleveland Gold Cup
- Rose DeBartolo Memorial Stakes
- George Lewis Memorial Stakes
- Cleveland Kindergarten Stakes
- Miss Ohio Stakes
- Governor's Buckeye Cup
- Best of Ohio Distaff
- Best of Ohio Endurance
- Best of Ohio Sprint
- Juvenile Stakes
- Honey Jay Stakes
- ^Thomas Ott (April 9, 2013). 'Thistledown draws a crowd for opening of Ohio's second racino'. The Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- ^Karen Farkas (February 26, 2015). 'Rock Ohio Ventures buy Caesar's 20 percent interest and now owns Horseshoe Casino Cleveland, Thistledown and other entities'. The Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- ^Karen Farkas (November 2, 2015). 'Rock Gaming takes over management of Horseshoe Cleveland Casino from Caesar's Entertainment'. The Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- ^Michael Martinez (February 23, 2016). 'Greektown Casino to be renamed 'Jack''. Detroit News. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- ^Karen Farkas (March 9, 2016). 'Jack's got an attitude, unveiled at Thistledown Racino'. The Plain Dealer. Cleveland. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- ^Howard Stutz (January 25, 2020). 'VICI finalizes purchase of two Cleveland-area casinos; leases properties back to Jack Entertainment'. CDC Gaming Reports. Retrieved 2020-09-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jack Thistledown Racino.|
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jack_Thistledown_Racino&oldid=981085179'
26300 Harvard Road,OH 44122Beachwood
Cleveland Marriott East offers contemporary rooms with 32” flat-screen TV, an indoor pool and a café that is open throughout the day. Legacy Village Mall is 10 minutes’ drive away.
All rooms have comfortable furniture and bedding which includes custom duvets and feather pillows. Room amenities include cable TV with a plug-in panel and Pay TV.
The RiverCity Grille serves diverse American dishes in a casual atmosphere. Guests can also opt for in-room dining.
Relaxation facilities include a well-equipped fitness center and an indoor pool fitted with loungers. There are sailing and river rafting opportunities close to the hotel.
Cleveland Marriott East is 32.2 km away from Cleveland Brown Stadium. Kirtland Temple is a 25-minute drive away.
Hotel Chain: Marriott Hotels & Resorts
When would you like to stay?
Facilities of Cleveland Marriott East
Food & Drink
- Room service
Casino In Warrensville Heights
- Breakfast in the room
- Vending machine (drinks)
Pool and Spa
- Fitness center
- Indoor pool
Front Desk Services
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage storage
- ATM on site
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Business center
Casino In Warrensville Ohio Zip Code
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Smoke-free property
- Air conditioning
Safety & security
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Shared stationery (e.g. printed menus, magazines, pens, paper) removed
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and common areas
- Process in place to check health of guests
- First aid kits available
- Contactless check-in/out
- Cashless payment available
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Screens or physical barriers between staff and guests in appropriate areas
Cleanliness & disinfection
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against coronavirus
- Linens, towels, and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Guest accommodation disinfected between stays
- Guests have the option to cancel any cleaning services for their accommodation during their stay
Food & drink safety
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- All plates, cutlery, glasses, and other tableware sanitized
WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and charges apply.
Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Policies of Cleveland Marriott East
These are general hotel policies for Cleveland Marriott East. As they may vary per room type, please also check the room conditions.
From 15:00 hours
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation / Prepayment
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to property type.
Children and Extra Beds
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
The maximum number of total guests in a room is 4.
There is no capacity for cribs in the room.
Casino In Warrensville Ohio Zip Code
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Accepted credit cards
- UnionPay credit card
- Diners Club
- American Express
The property reserves the right to pre-authorize credit cards prior to arrival.