Seminole Hard Rock Tampa offers over 800 guest rooms and suites, three ultra-lavish pools, a luxurious Rock Spa & Salon and extensive gaming space including a thrilling live action Poker Room. Experience some of the nation’s hottest entertainers and must-see shows inside the Hard Rock Event Center. Seminole Tribe of Florida. Building on its rich heritage of courageous and groundbreaking achievements, the Seminole Tribe of Florida acquired the Hard Rock brand in 2007 and is now poised to expand its horizon even further, to all corners of the globe. History In the Making. First cafe opened at Old Park Lane, Mayfair, London, founded by two Americans Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton in 1971. The Seminole Tribe of Florida purchased Hard Rock in 2007 which now has venues in more than 76 countries around the world. A fully-integrated, energized, local's casino experience. 2,000 Las Vegas-style slots. 70 live table games with blackjack, baccarat, poker & more. Six dining options plus two lounges and a 1,200-seat entertainment venue.
- Seminole Hard Rock Cafe And Casino Florida
- Hard Rock Cafe Casino Seminole Florida
(Redirected from Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood)
|Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino|
| Address ||1 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL 33314|
|Opening date||May 11, 2004|
|Theme||Rock and Roll / Music|
|No. of rooms||469|
|Total gaming space||140,000 sq ft (13,000 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||Hard Rock Cafe|
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
|Owner||Hard Rock International|
(Seminole Tribe of Florida)
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, also known as 'The Guitar Hotel', is a hotel and casino resort near Hollywood, Florida, United States, located on 100 acres (40 ha) of the Hollywood Reservation of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. The property currently has one hotel tower, a 140,000 sq ft (13,000 m2) casino, large poker room, a 4 acres (1.6 ha) lagoon-style pool facility with a center bar and many private cabanas, restaurants, shops, spa, bars and nightclubs, and the Hard Rock Event Center. A large expansion was completed in October 2019.
Construction work in progress, December 2018
The resort currently has a 12-story 'classic Hard Rock Hotel' with 469 guest rooms and suites. Guests are greeted by a 50-foot (15 m) tall signature Hard Rock guitar, (based on a famous Gibson electric guitar model) at the entrance of the hotel, along with a massive LED advertising screen at the front of the main parking garage. The resort has 120,000-square-foot (11,000 m2) of meeting space, including a 38,000-square-foot (3,500 m2) exhibit hall.
The Hard Rock's $1.5 billion property expansion project added a 450-foot (140 m) 'Guitar Hotel' with 638 rooms and a seven-story 168-room 'Oasis Tower' overlooking the pool cabanas—these new buildings were scheduled to open on October 24, 2019, several months in advance of Super Bowl LIV being held in Miami on February 2, 2020. The expansion also included a 42,000-square-foot (3,900 m2) 'Rock Spa', and over 20 new dining and nightlife destinations. Between the existing 12-story hotel, new Guitar Hotel, and new Oasis Tower, over 1,200 hotel rooms became available in October 2019.
On May 9, 2014, Seminole chairman James Billie announced a $100 million upgrade of the tribe's casinos, with much of that spent on the Hard Rock Hollywood location, including an improved entryways, center pool bar, pool facility upgrades, updated hotel room and suite interiors, and a new restaurant. As of March 2019, the tribe's upgrade budget was significantly increased to over $2.4 billion, split mainly between this location and the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tampa.
The current casino layout covers over 140,000 sq ft (13,000 m2) featuring slot machines and various table games including blackjack, baccarat, mini baccarat, Pai Gow poker, Let It Ride and three card poker. The casino does not have live craps and roulette, although there are electronic versions of those games available. As of June 2018, the poker room is located in a former ballroom area, relocated from its prior venue due to ongoing construction work.
Blackjack is the most popular card game in the United States and was an addition to the casino. In a deal valued at $1.1 billion, former Governor Charlie Crist gave the Seminole Tribe a license for blackjack in its casinos. In exchange, The Seminole Tribe loaned the State of Florida $1.1 billion over the course of two years. On July 3, 2008, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that the governor's agreement was unconstitutional, but table games continue to operate because the Federal Department of the Interior approved the now-invalid pact with the state. The addition of blackjack to the Hard Rock casinos in Hollywood and Tampa gave credibility to its claim of being a major gambling destination.
Hard Rock Live
Hard Rock Live is a 7,000 seat multi-purpose theater, which opened on October 25, 2019 with a concert by Maroon 5. The theater replaced a 5,500 seat arena of the same name, which hosted different types of events including musical acts, comedians, boxing and other smaller events, along with a residency by Billy Joel. The arena was razed in March 2018 as part of the property-wide expansion which included the new theater. During construction of the new theater, events were held at the temporary 3,500 seat Hard Rock Event Center, which hosted acts like Britney Spears on her Piece of Me Tour.
Model Anna Nicole Smith, who was staying at the resort, died in her hotel room on February 8, 2007. An autopsy ruled her death was caused by a drug overdose.
- ^'Tribe opens Hard Rock casino'. Florida Today. Cocoa, Florida. AP. May 11, 2004. Retrieved March 3, 2018 – via newspapers.com.
- ^'Fact Sheet'. Ictv1.com. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- ^'Dining & Restaurants - Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood'. Seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- ^'Nightlife & Entertainment - Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood'. Seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- ^'Hard Rock Event Center Concerts & Shows'. seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- ^ ab'The New Hard Rock'. seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- ^ ab'Hotel'. seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- ^'Rooms & Suites - Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood'. Seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- ^'Guitar Hotel Tower At Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Begins To Rise'. Fort Lauderdale Daily. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- ^Doss, Laine. 'Here Are All the Food and Drink Spots Now at Hard Rock Hollywood'. Broward Palm Beach New Times. Broward Palm Beach New Times. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- ^Sortal, Nick (9 May 2014). 'Seminoles plan to spend $100 million this year'. Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- ^'The New Hard Rock'. seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved March 3, 2018.
- ^'Casino & Gaming - Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood'. Seminolehardrockhollywood.com. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- ^Farrington, Brenda (July 3, 2008). 'Florida Supreme court nixes casino pact'. The Seattle Times. AP. Archived from the original on 2016-04-01. Retrieved March 20, 2012.
- ^Hafenbrack, Josh (April 22, 2009). 'Crist, Seminole tribe unveil $1.1 billion deal'. Sun-Sentinel. Archived from the original on April 24, 2009.
- ^'George Lopez Brings 'The Wall World Tour' to Hard Rock Event Center at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Fla. Saturday, May 26, at 8 p.m.'seminolehardrockhollywood.com (Press release). February 20, 2018.
- ^Maslow, Nick (January 23, 2018). 'Surprise! Britney Spears is taking her Las Vegas show on tour in the U.S. and Europe'. Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved January 27, 2018.
- ^Goodnough, Abby; Fox, Margalit (February 9, 2007). 'Anna Nicole Smith is Found Dead in Florida'. The New York Times.
- 'Are You Ready to Play?'. Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. April 23, 2004 – via newspapers.com.
Grand Opening Party, May 11
- Holland, John (May 12, 2004). 'Odds-on favorite'. Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida – via newspapers.com.
- 'Vegas-style slots debut at Hard Rock casino'. The News-Press. Fort Myers, Florida. AP. January 29, 2008 – via newspapers.com.
- Sortal, Nick C. (June 7, 2008). 'It's a big deal: Blackjack starts June 22'. Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida – via newspapers.com.
Coordinates: 26°03′05″N80°12′36″W / 26.051318°N 80.210034°W
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Seminole_Hard_Rock_Hotel_%26_Casino_Hollywood&oldid=991056807'
Seminole Hard Rock Cafe And Casino Florida
- Mon: 12am-11:55pm
- Tue: 12am-11:55pm
- Wed: 12am-11:55pm
- Thu: 12am-11:55pm
- Fri: 12am-11:55pm
- Sat: 12am-11:55pm
- Sun: 12am-11:55pm
Hard Rock Cafe Casino Seminole Florida The first Hard Rock Cafe opened on June 14, 1971, in London. Founded by Isaac Tigrett and Peter Morton, two enterprising and music-loving Americans, Hard Rock Cafe was an instant classic. It attracted droves of customers with its first-rate, but moderately priced, casual American fare, warm service and ever-present rock 'n' roll music and sensibility. Although it was initially decorated with an eye toward eclectic Americana, Hard Rock Cafe has become the world's leading collector and exhibitors of rock 'n' roll memorabilia. Hard Rock Cafe began its global expansion in 1982, when Tigrett and Morton agreed to develop their own Hard Rock Cafes in various parts of the world. In 1990, The Rank Group, a London-based leisure company, acquired Mecca and continued expansion of the concept in its geographic territory. Rank then acquired Hard Rock America from Morton and Hard Rock Canada from Nick Bitove. Rank consolidated worldwide control of the brand, and with it, one of the most universally recognized trademarks. The company has grown beyond cafes. It also owns several Hard Rock Cafe themed Casinos in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Fla., and Biloxi, Miss., as well as Manchester and London in the United Kingdom. Several Hard Rock themed hotels have opened throughout the United States, Europe and a location in Thailand.