© Provided by WTOL Toledo
The history of Northwest Ohio is interwoven with threads of myth, legend and folklore that come together along the banks of the Maumee River. Follow them with me on this self guided audio tour as we travel from downtown Toledo to Grand Rapids and back on a journey that shows off the magnificent beauty of the Maumee Valley – and might also reshape your understanding of both the past. The Casino will be open from 8 a.m. We will close from 4 a.m. To sanitize and disinfect the facility. Entrance into the casino will end at 3:30 a.m. How do I enter the casino? Traffic to the casino will enter from Rt-340 and from 5th Avenue onto Hollywood Boulevard and will be directed to the East Garage. Industry: Last week, it was the Horseshoe Casino in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, that opened. This week, it’s the Hollywood Casino that is opening in Toledo.
Hollywood Casino Toledo announced that it will layoff 116 of its employees, resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.
The layoffs will begin August 15 this year and will be permanent.
The company says the negative impact of COVID-19 has caused business for Hollywood Casino nationwide to experience a significant drag that will likely continue for the foreseeable future.
Hollywood Casino Toledo Ohio Reopening Today
'We simply could not foresee, that the initial closures of our properties, that were issued by one or two states for a limited period of time, ultimately spread throughout all the states in which we operate and eventually be extended, interrupting almost all business and travel temporarily,' the company said in a statement. 'Finally, we could not have anticipated when our properties would be allowed to reopen and how restrictive the new operating conditions would be, and the negative impact this would have on business volumes.'
Information such as when and what positions will be affected can be found on the company's website.
The casino is scheduled to reopen this Friday.
RELATED: State says 92% of Ohio's 1.2 million unemployment applications have been processed
RELATED: Hollywood Casino Toledo opens Friday - Here's what you need to know
RELATED: Hollywood Casino Toledo temporarily closed under Executive Order of Gov. Mike DeWine
Hollywood Casino Toledo opens Friday - Here's what you need to know
Hollywood Casino reopens to the public on Friday, with several adjustments for social distancing as coronavirus is still present in the state.
Patrons can return to the casino starting at 6 a.m. Friday. Here is what will be different:
- The casino will limit capacity on the gaming floor to no more than 50% of maximum occupancy.
- Floor decals and signs will indicate social distancing guidelines in areas where lines typically form.
- Table game seating will be limited, and slot machines will be configured to meet social distancing requirements.
- Live music, entertainment, convention, and banquet services will remain suspended.
- There will be no large drawings, tournaments, or special events.
- Restaurant offerings will include limited menus and hours of operations from Take 2 Grill and Scene.
- Valet will be closed.
“We’ve been removing slot machines, turning things off to ensure that when you play there is ample distance between you. We've also been putting stations in place across the casino to make sure you can sanitize your own machines,' said Justin Carter, vice president and general manager of Hollywood Casino.
Health & Safety
- Team members and vendors will be required to wear masks and will undergo a health screening each day, including temperature checks, prior to their shift.
- Guests will be encouraged to wear masks and must respond to a health screening prior to entry.
- Slot machines and table games will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Sanitizer stations will be installed on the casino floor and be readily available throughout the facility.
- The casino will close from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Friday and 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday for deep cleaning of the casino floor.
“While we were closed we had time to clean, so every single casino chip has been clean and sterilized, so especially if you're in the first wave of people you will be one of the first to touch a clean and sterilized chip,' Carter said.
“We are very excited to reopen Hollywood Casino on Friday, June 19 at 6 a.m. While the amenities our customers have come to know and love may be somewhat limited, for the time being, the ability to safely welcome back our team members and guests remain our top priority,' he said.
Hollywood Casino Toledo Ohio Reopening Date
'With this in mind, we have been working closely with the Ohio Casino Control Commission, state and local leaders, and public health officials to finalize comprehensive Phase I reopening protocols and new health and safety precautions.
'We are grateful for the overwhelming support, patience, and understanding from our customers through these unprecedented times, and can’t wait to welcome everyone back on Friday.”
RELATED: Hollywood Casino Toledo to layoff over 100 employees, reopens Friday
Hollywood Casino Columbus Ohio
RELATED: Ohio, Michigan movie theaters set to reopen
RELATED: Cedar Point granted permission to reopen starting June 19: Park officials to announce specific operating dates, safety precautions soon
Hollywood Casino Toledo Ohio Reopening Request
RELATED: Ohio casinos and racinos permitted to reopen June 19, Gov. Mike DeWine announces