Now $47 (Was $̶1̶0̶1̶) on Tripadvisor: MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, Lake Tahoe (Nevada). See 1,370 traveler reviews, 372 candid photos, and great deals for MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Lake Tahoe (Nevada) and rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Book MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, Lake Tahoe (Nevada) on Tripadvisor: See 1,369 traveller reviews, 372 candid photos, and great deals for MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa, ranked #5 of 9 hotels in Lake Tahoe (Nevada) and rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor.
|MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa|
| Location ||Stateline, Nevada, U.S.|
| Address ||55 U.S. Route 50|
|Opening date||1978; 42 years ago|
|No. of rooms||438|
|Total gaming space||48,456 sq ft (4,501.7 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||Café Del Soul|
|Architect||Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall (1978), Worth Group (renovations)|
|Previous names||Park Tahoe (1978–1979)|
Caesars Tahoe Palace (1979)
Caesars Tahoe (1979–2006)
|Renovated in||1979, 2006, 2015|
|Coordinates||38°57′41″N119°56′19″W / 38.961469°N 119.938742°WCoordinates: 38°57′41″N119°56′19″W / 38.961469°N 119.938742°W|
MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (formerly the Park Tahoe and Caesars Tahoe) is a casino hotel in Stateline, Nevada. It is owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment. The property includes a 48,456 sq ft (4,501.7 m2) casino and a 438-room hotel on a 21-acre (8.5 ha) site. It is the home to the Ciera Steak + Chophouse. The entire property underwent a $25-million remodel in 2015, with all guest rooms, the casino, 1,200-seat showroom, and exterior being upgraded.
Park Tahoe (1978–1979)
The casino first opened in 1978 as the Park Tahoe, built by Park Cattle Co. The building was designed by Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall and constructed by Del E. Webb Corporation.Caesars World took over the next year under a 25-year lease, with options to extend it another 50 years.
Caesars Tahoe (1979–2006)
Caesars Tahoe logo (1979–2006)
Caesars agreed to spend $40 million to complete construction of the hotel portion of the property, which was renamed as Caesars Tahoe Palace and later simply Caesars Tahoe. In line with the Caesars name, the property was remodeled with a Roman theme.
Caesars Tahoe was known for its top entertainment offerings, and over the years played host to many famous artists, including Dean Martin, Cher, Mac Davis, Jimmy Buffett, Glen Campbell, and Tony Bennett. In its later years, the Caesars showroom included appearances by comedians including George Carlin, Johnny Carson, Jerry Seinfeld, Gallagher, Rosie O'Donnell, and many other well known headlining comedians. Celebrities such as Michael Jordan, Randy Quaid, Kenny Rogers and others would play games in the Caesars Tahoe casino. Caesars was also the host hotel and title sponsor of the American Century Championship golf games at nearby Edgewood Golf Course every July, until 2004. After Caesars sold the hotel in 2005, the title sponsorship and host switched to Harrah's/Harveys Casinos. Also, in its earlier years, Caesars Tahoe was home to title fights for championship boxing events.
Caesars Entertainment sold the resort in June 2005 for $45 million to Columbia Sussex, owner of the nearby Horizon Casino. It was one of a series of sales made by Caesars to avoid antitrust issues with its planned acquisition by Harrah's Entertainment.
MontBleu Lake Tahoe
Columbia Sussex rebranded the property as MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa in May 2006. After the bankruptcy of Columbia's gaming businesses, MontBleu became part of the reorganized Tropicana Entertainment in March 2010.
MontBleu and the Horizon appeared as the Nomad Hotel, during the Caesars-to-MontBleu transition, in the 2007 filmSmokin' Aces.
In 2018, Tropicana Entertainment, including the MontBleu, was acquired by Eldorado Resorts.
In 2019, the buffet at MontBleu (formerly The Roman Feast Buffet) closed permanently.
In 2020, Eldorado acquired Caesars Entertainment (the former Harrah's) and changed its own name to Caesars Entertainment. This merger necessitated the sale of one of the companies' properties in Stateline to gain approval from FTC antitrust regulators. Eldorado agreed to sell MontBleu to Twin River Worldwide Holdings.
- ^'Listing of Financial Statements Square Footage'. Nevada Gaming Control Board. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- ^'Webb Spinner 1975-1978'(PDF).
- ^'Caesars World board backs buying lease of hotel in Nevada'. Wall Street Journal. October 23, 1979. ProQuest134353780.(subscription required)
- ^Young, Terry (December 4, 1979). 'Reno – after the money's gone'. Oakland Post. ProQuest371722794.(subscription required)
- ^'Director puts Tahoe in spotlight'. Tahoe Daily Tribune. January 12, 2007. Archived from the original on 2011-07-09.
- ^'Parent company sells MontBleu Casino Resort & Spa in Stateline'. Tahoe Daily Tribune. April 24, 2018. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- ^'Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. completes previously announced acquisition of the real estate assets of Tropicana Entertainment' (Press release). Gaming and Leisure Properties. October 1, 2018. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- ^Jason Hidalgo (June 26, 2020). 'Eldorado required to sell Tahoe Montbleu resort for FTC approval of Caesars merger'. Reno Gazette-Journal. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MontBleu&oldid=983515903'
55 Hwy 50,NV 89449Stateline
Featuring an indoor swimming pool and a fine dining restaurant, this Stateline, Nevada resort is home to the Montbleu Theater. The Lake Tahoe shore is 10 minutes’ walk away. Skiing opportunities at Heavenly Ski Resort are 10 minutes’ drive away.
Cable TV, plush linens, a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom with frosted glass are standard in every room at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa. Select suites feature lake and mountain views and a spa bath for two.
A fitness centre, nightclubs and a casino are provided onsite. Guests can enjoy a full service spa at Resort Montbleu Casino & Spa.
For formal dining, guests can dine onsite at the Four Diamond, Ciera Steak & Chophouse. MontBleu Café, Café del Soul and The Zone offer casual dining options onsite as well.
Lake Tahoe Airport and South Lake Tahoe, California are within 15 minutes’ drive of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa. Shopping at Heavenly Village is 10 minutes’ walk away.
When would you like to stay?
Facilities of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Horse riding
- Ski storage
- Ski equipment hire (on site)
- Ski pass vendor
Food & Drink
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa In Lake Tahoe
- Room service
- Breakfast in the room
- Snack bar
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Vending machine (drinks)
Pool and wellness
- Fitness centre
- Spa and wellness centre
- Hot tub/jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Indoor pool (all year)
- Heated pool
- Shallow end
- Swimming Pool
- Airport shuttle (additional charge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- Currency exchange
- Tour desk
- Ticket service
- Luggage storage
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Concierge service
Entertainment and family services
- Entertainment staff
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Business centre
- Barber/beauty shop
- Gift shop
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Bridal suite
- Air conditioning
- Designated smoking area
Safety & security
- Safety deposit box
- 24-hour security
- Smoke alarms
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Shared stationery such as printed menus, magazines, pens, and paper removed
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- Process in place to check health of guests
- Face masks for guests available
- Cashless payment available
- Physical distancing rules followed
- Screens or physical barriers placed between staff and guests in appropriate areas
Cleanliness & disinfecting
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
- Guest accommodation is disinfected between stays
Food & drink safety
- Physical distancing in dining areas
WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Policies of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa
These are general hotel policies for MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa. As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
From 16:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation / Prepayment
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to property type.
Children and extra beds
Free!Up to three children under 16 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
One child under 2 years is charged USD 10 per night in a child's cot/crib.
One older child or adult is charged USD 10 per night in an extra bed.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
The maximum number of total guests in a room is 4.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Accepted credit cards
- American Express
The property reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Montbleu Resort Casino Spa Map
Charges may apply for access to the Spa and Exercise Facilities. The pool and hot tub are free.
Resort fee is subject to a 14% tax that is not included in the quoted rate.
Damage deposit fee applies for following room types:
- Executive Suite: $300 Damage Deposit Due at Check-In
- Sierra Suite/One King Bed: $700 Damage Deposit Due at Check-In
- Sierra Suite/Two Queen Beds: $700 Damage Deposit Due at Check-In
- Tahoe Suite: $700 Damage Deposit Due at Check-In
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa Phone Number