- Morongo Casino Resort Entertainment
- Morongo Casino Resort & Spa Banning Casino
- Morongo Casino Resort & Spa
- Morongo Casino Resort & Spa Banning California
|Morongo Casino Resort and Spa|
| Address ||49500 Seminole Drive|
Cabazon, California 92230-2200
|Opening date||December 10, 2004|
|No. of rooms||310|
|Total gaming space||150,000 sq ft (14,000 m2)|
- Canyon Lanes Bowling
- Vibe Nightclub
- Mystique Entertainment
- Potrero Canyon Buffet
- Sunset Bar & Grill
- Food Court
- Pit Bar
- Tacos & Tequila
- Natural 9 Noodle Company
|Owner||Morongo Band of Cahuilla Mission Indians|
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa is an Indian gaming casino, of the Morongo Band of Cahuilla Mission Indians, located in Cabazon, California, United States, near San Gorgonio Pass. The casino has 310 rooms and suites. A 44-acre (180,000 m2), 27-story resort, Morongo is one of the largest casinos in California. At 330 feet (101 m) high, the casino tower is the tallest building in both Riverside County and the larger Inland Empire region.
- Jun 11, 2020 An on-site manager at Morongo Casino Resort & Spa has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, according to a news release from the high-rise resort in Cabazon. It said the worker doesn’t.
- Now $101 (Was $̶1̶3̶1̶) on Tripadvisor: Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa, Cabazon. See 585 traveler reviews, 248 candid photos, and great deals for Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa, ranked #1 of 1 hotel in Cabazon and rated 3.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor.
On February 25, 1987, the U.S. Supreme Court decided that neither the state of California nor Riverside County could regulate the bingo and card game operations of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians and the Morongo Band of Mission Indians. California v. Cabazon Band of Mission Indians set in motion a series of federal and state actions-including two ballot propositions-that dramatically expanded tribal casino operations in California and other states. In 1995, a new building was constructed for the bingo and card games, and slot machines were introduced. The new casino was called Casino Morongo and included a dance hall, bowling alley, and diner.
In addition, as a valued Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa guest, you can enjoy a pool and a lounge that are available on-site. Guests arriving by vehicle have access to free parking. Cabazon Dinosaurs (1.5 mi), located nearby, makes Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa a great place to stay for those interested in visiting this popular Cabazon landmark.
California Proposition 1A, also known as the Gambling on Tribal Lands Amendment, was on the March 7, 2000, ballot in California, where it was approved with a 64% win. It authorized the governor to negotiate compacts with federally recognized Indian tribes on Indian lands in California to operate slot machines, lotteries and banking and percentage card games, subject to legislative ratification.
The Jerde Partnership announced the official groundbreaking for the Morongo Hotel on May 28, 2003. Perini Building Company topped-out the resort on March 31, 2004. The $250-million Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa, which opened on December 10, 2004, is one of the largest tribal gaming facilities in the nation. Casino Morongo closed for gaming in 2004, and reopened in 2018 as a separate casino due to an expansion project at the larger casino, displacing 300 slot machines.
Morongo Casino Resort Entertainment
Morongo is one of only six AAA four-diamond casino resorts in California, with Barona Casino, Viejas Casino, Pechanga Resort and Casino, Thunder Valley Casino Resort and the Chumash Casino Resort being the others. Morongo's main casino floor is 148,000 square feet (14,000 m2) with over 2,000 slots and table games.
Upon entering the casino, guests see a contemporary, retro-1960s interior. Light coves between overhead vaults, back-lit fabric draped between frames, and conically shaped light fixtures create a complex, ornate ceiling above the casino floor.
The casino offers more than a hundred table games, including four-card poker, Ultimate Texas Hold'Em, Mystery Card Roulette, blackjack, pai gow poker, mini-baccarat, and three card poker, as well as a 22-table poker room. High rollers can use a high-limit slot area with four table games and seven slots. The high-limit room also has a lounge with plasma TVs and complimentary food.
Morongo's hotel accommodates guests in 272 standard rooms, 32 double-bay suites, and six casitas, the latter of which are located on an upper level surrounding the pool.
Morongo's restaurants include the penthouse restaurant Cielo, Serrano (24-Hour Cafe), Tacos & Tequila, Sunset Bar & Grill, Natural 9 Noodle Company, and the Potrero Canyon Buffet, as well as a food court.
Guests must be 18 or older to gamble on the property.
Morongo Casino Resort & Spa Banning Casino
Boxing cards are held at Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa.
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa hosts MMA fight cards at the Morongo Outdoor Pavilion.
Morongo Casino Resort & Spa
- ^Hugo Martin (2004-12-10). 'Tribe Unveils Its Casino Royale'. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- ^Emporis GmbH. 'Morongo Casino Resort Hotel, Cabazon, U.S.A.' Emporis.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- ^'California Tribal Casinos: Questions and Answers'. lao.ca.gov. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- ^'California Proposition 1A, Gambling on Tribal Lands (2000)'. ballotpedia.org. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 2011-06-03. Retrieved 2014-09-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^'Guest Services | Morongo Casino Resort & Spa'. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- ^'Morongo casino hosts boxing card'. casinocitytimes.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- ^'Morongo Casino hosts Showtime boxing card Friday'. desertsun.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- ^'Legacy Fighting Alliance 36 (LFA 36)'. mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- ^'Legacy LFA 45: Silva vs. Barnes'. tapology.com. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
Coordinates: 33°55′12″N116°47′42″W / 33.9200°N 116.7950°W
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Morongo_Casino,_Resort_%26_Spa&oldid=991990216'
Welcome to Morongo
Set at the foot of the beautiful San Gorgonio and San Jacinto Mountains, the Morongo Indian Reservation spans more than 35,000 acres and overlooks the vistas of the Banning Pass. Resilient and resourceful, the Morongo tribe has had to overcome many adversities.
Morongo Casino Resort & Spa Banning California
These notifications are anonymous, and do not track or store your name, contact information, whereabouts, or movements. When a person tests positive for COVID-19, CA Notify will trigger an alert to the phones of people who may have been in close proximity in the past 14 days.