- National Harbor Mgm Casino Parking
- Mgm National Harbor Casino Reopening Date
- National Harbor Casino Mgm
- Casino National Harbor Maryland Mgm
Stay in a luxury guest room or suite, with more than 308 that soar up to 21 floors above the Potomac River.
Step out of the city and onto the exhilarating casino floor at MGM National Harbor. M life Rewards Program members earn points at MGM National Harbor just as they do at all the MGM Resorts destinations across the country.
MGM National Harbor is excited to be open with enhanced protocols for guest and employee health and safety through our Seven-Point Safety Plan. Additionally, we have improved the guest experience with technological enhancements. MGM National Harbor, Oxon Hill: Hours, Address, MGM National Harbor Reviews: 4/5. MGM National Harbor is the premiere entertainment destination located on the banks of the Potomac just outside of Washington DC. Featuring a 3,000 seat Theater, 308 luxurious hotel rooms, restaurants from acclaimed chefs and a gaming floor bigger than the White House, MGM National Harbor delivers monumental experiences daily.
See live comedy, music and more in an intimate theater that ensures there’s never a bad seat in the house.
Dine at one of 14 distinct restaurants that range from favorites like Shake Shack to fresh concepts from celebrity chefs.
Order a masterfully-mixed cocktail, grab a cold beer or sample light bites before your show or between games.
Try your luck with a variety slots and table games that span more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space.
Take in stunning seasonal displays that create larger-than-life settings that immerse you in the occasion.
Meetings & Events
Create a signature meeting, event or convention by choosing from 50,000 square feet of mixed use spaces.
Explore boutiques that offer everything from daily essentials to tailored menswear and shoes from Sarah Jessica Parker.
Coordinates: 38°47′41.4″N77°00′34.5″W / 38.794833°N 77.009583°W
|MGM National Harbor|
| Location ||National Harbor|
| Address ||101 MGM National Ave|
Oxon Hill, Maryland 20745-4731
|Opening date||December 8, 2016|
|No. of rooms||308|
|Total gaming space||135,000 sq ft (12,500 m2)|
|Signature attractions||The Theater at MGM National Harbor|
|Owner||MGM Growth Properties|
|Operating license holder||MGM Resorts International|
The MGM National Harbor is a US$1.4 billion resort in the Oxon Hillcensus-designated place (CDP) in unincorporated Prince George's County, Maryland. The resort opened on December 8, 2016, and is owned by MGM Growth Properties and operated by MGM Resorts International.
MGM Resorts International received a license in December 2013 to develop a US$925 million resort (later increased to US$1.2 billion) in National Harbor. The company received the license after competing with bids from Penn National Gaming to develop a US$700 million facility at its Rosecroft Raceway and Greenwood Racing to develop a US$761 million facility near Maryland Route 210.
Construction on MGM National Harbor began in April 2014, and opened on December 8, 2016.
In April 2015, the MGM casino was sued by a group of Prince George’s County businesses who claimed the casino didn't comply with minority business enterprise (MBE) contracting standards.
Child electric shock
On June 26, 2018 a seven-year-old girl suffered traumatic brain injury while visiting the casino. Due to a faulty installation of a device meant to control the electrical flow to the rail lighting, Zynae Green suffered an electric shock and was left wheelchair bound. Despite the family's pleas for help, MGM security did not initiate resuscitation, MGM stating 'the guards followed protocol responding to the incident and determined that Zynae was breathing and did not need CPR'. Prince George's County Police Officers started resuscitation upon arrival. The incident prompted an FBI investigation and the family has not been compensated more than a year after the incident.
In 2019, a baccarat dealer who worked at the casino was sentenced to 18 months in prison for a cheating scheme. Ming Zhang showed his co-conspirators cards before they were dealt, who split the winnings with him.
National Harbor Mgm Casino Parking
Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev died on July 23, 2019, from injuries suffered during a July 19 boxing match at the Theater at MGM National Harbor.
Robbery of winners
In 2020, two winners were robbed of more than $40,000 in winnings after leaving the casino and shot during the crime. The victims were followed by the assailants from the casino and robbed in Woodbridge, Virginia, where one of them lived and the other was shot. 
The white exterior of the building is in keeping with the marble used in many of the buildings in Washington DC. The organization of the casino is along a central axis, similar to the arrangement for the National Mall. The design was provided by HKS, Inc. while the architect of record for the project is SmithGroupJJR.
MGM National Harbor includes a 23-story hotel with 308 rooms, 135,000 square feet (12,500 m2) in gaming space, retail space, a spa, seven restaurants, a 3,000-seat theater with seven VIP suites, 27,000 square feet (2,500 m2) of meeting and event space, and a parking garage for 4,800 cars.
The resort's public spaces feature a permanent collection of art inspired by the Washington metropolitan area and developed in collaboration with Prince George's County Arts and Humanities Council, Atlantic Arts, and RareCulture. Artists, sculptors, and photographers featured in the collection include Alice Aycock, Charles Hinman, Chul Hyun Ahn, John Safer, Liao Yibai, Margaret Boozer, Martha Jackson Jarvis, Sam Gilliam, and Terry O'Neill. The west entrance to the facility features a 25-by-15-foot (7.6 m × 4.6 m) iron archway composed of 'found objects' such as farming tools, children's toys, wheels and axes designed by Bob Dylan.
On December 18, 2016, the 66th edition of the Miss World pageant was held at the resort theatre.
Since 2017, American singer and actress, Cher, has been performing her Classic Cher concert residency at The Theater at MGM National Harbor.
On July 12 and 13, 2018, Britney Spears performed two concerts as part of her Piece of Me Tour.
On September 30, 2018, Christina Aguilera performed a concert as part of her Liberation Tour.
On March 31, 2019, Mariah Carey performed a concert as a part of her Caution World Tour.
Mgm National Harbor Casino Reopening Date
- ^'2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Oxon Hill CDP, MD'(PDF). United States Census Bureau. Retrieved February 1, 2020.
- ^ abhttp://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article91376.html
- ^ abcLazo, Luz (April 20, 2014). 'Work begins at MGM National Harbor site as Pr. George's fast-tracks application process'. Washington Post. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- ^ abcd'MGM National Harbor Casino Set to Open in 2016'. CBS DC. Associated Press. March 25, 2015. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- ^ abcdBarker, Jeff (May 4, 2015). 'Giant MGM National Harbor casino is looking beyond Maryland'. The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- ^Kirkwood, Lauren. 'RICO suit: MGM casino construction shut out minority businesses'. Maryland Daily Record. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- ^'MGM: Nearly 1/3 of contracting firms in casino project are minority-owned'. Washington Post. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- ^Sykes, Michael. 'Business owners claim MGM broke promise'. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- ^Alexander, Keith (July 8, 2019). 'A child touched an electrified railing at MGM National Harbor resort, and lives changed'. Washington Post. Washington DC. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- ^Bui, Lynh (December 6, 2019). 'Former Md. casino dealer sentenced to 18 months in $1 million cheating scheme, federal prosecutors said'. Washington Post. Washington DC. Retrieved December 6, 2019.
- ^'Russian boxer dies of injuries suffered in bout at Maryland casino'. The Washington Post. July 23, 2019.
- ^Jouvenal, Justin (March 3, 2020). 'Man is shot during robbery of more than $40,000 in casino winnings, according to search warrant'. Washington Post. Washington DC. Retrieved March 3, 2020.
- ^Symone Garvett (December 8, 2016). 'MGM National Harbor - HKS Architects'. architectmagazine.com. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- ^'MGM National Harbor Resort'. www.smithgroupjjr.com/. smithgroupjjr. December 7, 2016. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- ^ abMGM National Harbor (February 25, 2016). 'MGM National Harbor to Feature Permanent Art Collection Inspired by Capital Region's Rich Heritage'. Yahoo Finance (Press release). PR Newswire. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- ^ abMary Ann Barton (February 26, 2016). 'Regional Art to Be Showcased at MGM National Harbor'. Old Town Alexandria, VA Patch. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- ^Drew Hansen (September 7, 2016). 'MGM National Harbor's gatemaker? The one and only Bob Dylan'. Washington Business Journal. Washington Business Journal. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- ^MGM National Harbor. ''Miss World 2016 To Be Held At The Theater at MGM National Harbor''. MGM National Harbor Newsroom. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- ^MGM National Harbor (March 19, 2018). ''World-Renowned Icon Cher Announces Additional 'CLASSIC CHER' Dates in 2018 at Park Theater at Monte Carlo in Las Vegas and The Theater at MGM National Harbor''. MGM National Harbor Newsroom.
- ^'Britney Spears'. Live Nation Entertainment. January 22, 2018.
- ^http://newsroom.mgmresorts.com/grammy-award-winning-superstar-christina-aguilera-announces-performance-with-special-guest-big-boy-at-theater-at-mgm-national-harbor-sunday-sept-30.htm.Missing or empty
- ^'Mariah Carey World Tour'. livenation.com. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
National Harbor Casino Mgm
Crown of Beauty Theatre
Sanya, China (2015)
Sanya City Arena
Sanya, China (2017)
Casino National Harbor Maryland Mgm
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MGM_National_Harbor&oldid=988738321'