- Santa Ynez Ca / Chumash Casino Resort And Spa
- Santa Ynez Chumash Casino & Resort
SANTA YNEZ, Calif. - The Coronavirus pandemic has forced the Chumash Casino in Santa Ynez to extend its closure at least another 30 days, according to the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians.
SANTA YNEZ, Calif. The Coronavirus pandemic has forced the Chumash Casino in Santa Ynez to extend its closure at least another 30 days, according to the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians. Chumash Casino Resort in Greater Santa Barbara has all your favorite entertainment. Join us for concerts, comedians, boxing events, dance parties and more. The Chumash Casino in the Santa Ynez Valley announced Sunday they fully close through the end of the month amid coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. 'We have been following the COVID-19 pandemic as it progresses and have taken the necessary precautions based on governmental guidance to protect our team members and guests. 39 - Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Ynez, Room, 2 Queen Beds, Accessible, Guest Room See if the property has anything planned that may affect your stay This property is closed from December 7 2020 to December 28 2020 (dates subject to change). Chumash Casino Resort is a one-of-a-kind entertainment destination in Greater Santa Barbara, California. Non-Stop Gaming Action Hotel & Spa Live Entertainment.
The Chumash closed the casino on March 15 because of fears of the coronavirus spreading into the Tri-County area. Since this announcement, COVID-19 cases started being reported in Santa Barbara County and Governor Newsom issued a shelter at home order.
“We believe that closing our operations when we did was the right thing to do for the safety and well-being of our team members, guests and the greater community,” said Kenneth Kahn, Tribal Chairman of the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians. “Extending the closure falls in line with the serious measures our local, state and federal agencies have taken to help protect the population and not overwhelm the heroes working in clinics and hospitals throughout the nation.”
The casino closure has forced the Chumash to furlough many of its employees in the past weeks. The tribe says it will continue to reassess when it will reopen based on the latest information with the coronavirus.
The Chumash Casino Resort is owned and operated by the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Mission Indians. Chumash is located near Santa Ynez Airport, in the Santa Ynez Indian Reservation, about 5 miles (8.0 km) east of Solvang, California.
Opened in its present form in August 2003, the casino consists of a 94,000-square-feet (8,730 m2) gaming area with slot machines and table games. A 106-room hotel and spa opened in July 2004. In 2006, the Casino estimated that there were 2,894,561 visitors to the Casino and 34,049 guests in the hotel, nearly all of them from Southern California. The Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Mission Indians have estimated that their casino brings in some 6,000 patrons per day.
Musicians who have appeared include : Al Green, Charlie Daniels, Clint Black, Cristian Castro, The Doobie Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Hank Williams Jr., Intocable, Johnny Mathis, Kenny Rogers, Kiss, Los Tigres del Norte, The Moody Blues, Pepe Aguilar, Rose Royce, Smokey Robinson, The Spinners, and ZZ Top.
Chumash hosts Elite Xtreme Combatmixed martial arts as well as the Star Voice competition show.
AAA four diamond casino resort
Santa Ynez Ca / Chumash Casino Resort And Spa
Chumash is one of only six AAA four diamond casino resorts in California, with Barona Casino; Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa; Pechanga Resort & Casino; Thunder Valley Casino Resort; and Viejas Casino being the others.
They also own and operate the Chumash Cafe, and the Creekside Buffet, at Chumash Casino Resort.
Root 246, (the third largest employer in Solvang, 105) and Hotel Corque (the seventh largest employer in Solvang, 54) are in Solvang, California.
There have been multiple lawsuits against the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Mission Indians by a group of Santa Ynez citizens in recent years, including a suit that was filed April 3, 2015 that claims the property where they are building their 12-story high-rise hotel/casino is not and has never been part of their 'Federal Tribal Trust Land' and part of a federal Indian reservation. The case has now been taken to a United States Federal Court.
- ^'Chumash Casino Santa Ynez.'500 Nations. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- ^'Chumash Casino Resort, 3400 East Highway 246 Santa Ynez, CA 93460'. Google Maps. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^'Economic Impact of the Chumash Casino Resort on the County of Santa Barbara', Report prepared by The California Economic Forecast. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^'Santa Ynez Reservation'.Archived 2014-07-23 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ abSolvang CA. 'FY 2008-2009 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) (PDF)'. www.cityofsolvang.com. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^Noozhawk. '12 Finalists to Vie for $5,000 and 'Star Voice' Title at Chumash Casino Resort'. noozhawk.com. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^'Chumash Cafe - Santa Ynez, CA'. Yelp. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^'Creekside Buffet - CLOSED - Santa Ynez, CA'. Yelp. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^'About-Default'. www.root-246.com. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^ ab'City of Solvang CAFR'. cityofsolvang.com. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- ^'History'. Hotel Corque. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
Coordinates: 34°36′34″N120°05′10″W / 34.60945°N 120.08613°W
Santa Ynez Chumash Casino & Resort
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chumash_Casino_Resort&oldid=976664410'