Online Texas Hold’em is probably the most popular game in web casinos and poker rooms. It’s often used in local and international tournaments. The winner of the game is determined by the best 5-card combination, in case there are at least 2 players left on showdown stage. Follow this guide to learn about Texas Hold’em hands and poker cards that are required to get them.
Texas Hold’em hands: the list of poker combinations
Each hand has a rank, which is compared against the ranks of other hands participating in the showdown to decide who wins the pot. In high games, like Texas hold 'em and seven-card stud, the highest-ranking hands win. In low games, like razz, the lowest-ranking hands win. Texas Hold’em Winning Poker Hands Ranking. In this guide, you’ll see that there are a total of 10 hands in Texas Hold’em poker (or 9 if you don’t count ‘no pair’ as a hand), and we’ll detail these below. (The winning poker hands chart below shows a list of poker hands, ranked best, to worst). The odds of flopping a royal flush in Texas Hold'em in any given hand is 1 in 649,740 (before cards are dealt). If you have a suited hand with two high cards (like Q♠ J♠), you have a 1 in 19,600 chance of hitting a royal flush on the flop. Official Poker Hand Rankings Know your poker hand order. A poker hand consists of five cards, which fall into several categories. Below is the complete list of poker hands, from highest to lowest. Please note that hand rankings for Short Deck are slightly different. Find out more about the short deck poker hand rankings on the dedicated page. Texas Hold’em: a game in which it is easy to learn the basics, but considerably harder to master. For now, let's cover a basic part of the game - starting hands.
The rating of hands is the same for most poker games. Here’s the list of combinations from the lowest one to the highest:
- High card. If no gamblers have any better hand, the winner is determined by the highest card.
- A Pair. Get 2 cards of the same denomination, like K and K, and that will be a Pair.
- Two Pair. If you have K, K and 9, 9, this is a Two Pair combination.
- Three of a Kind. You need 3 cards of the same denomination for this hand.
- Straight. Five cards of any suit that can be placed in the sequential order are called Straight.
- Flush. The combination is formed of any 5 cards that have the same suit.
- Full House. This hand combines Three of a Kind and a Pair. For example, A, A, A and 7, 7 is a Full House.
- Four of a Kind. The hand consists of 4 cards of the same denomination, like Q, Q, Q, Q.
- Straight Flush. This is the second best combination in the game. You should have 5 sequential cards of the same suit to get it.
- Royal Flush. The highest combination among Texas Hold’em hands is Royal Flush. It’s 10, J, Q, K and Ace of the same suit.
Note that only the best hand is counted. There are 2 hole and 5 community cards in the game. You can use any ore none of them to receive the best hand possible.
Where to play Texas Hold’em online?
It’s not easy to find a good casino or poker room. Follow this tips to make a right choice:
Texas Holdem Hand Winners 2019
Texas Hold Em Winning Hand Odds
- join only legal websites with active license;
- make sure you’ll be able to play all the games you like;
- search for the poker rooms with free chips bonuses;
- check how much money you can withdraw monthly.
Texas Hold Em Winning Hands Chart