- Virgin Media Installation Time Slots
- Virgin Media Slots Login
- Virgin Media Slots Games
Feel all the excitement of the Las Vegas strip at your fingertips with Virgin Games. We offer a thrilling range of over 400 online slots and classic casino games, as well as exciting live casino and online poker games.
- Virgin Media has dedicated slots for disabled families and those who are shielding – which are available to anyone in their household. One Poll surveyed 2,000 respondents between 6 November and 10 November 2020.
- I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Birmingham, England) in April 2018. 4 hours of jumping through hoops and being made to feel like a performing monkey with unprofessional assessors who clearly did not know how to organise the time given or speak to interviewees.
- The free virtual grotto experience, featuring live reindeer, will be available for the three weekends leading up to Christmas and follows research that nearly two thirds of parents won’t take their child to see Santa this year
- Virgin Media has worked with Scope to ensure those with accessibility requirements can enjoy the magic of meeting Santa
- There are dedicated sessions for disabled families and those who are shielding, plus a selection of slots reserved for Virgin Media customers
- Families can register for a slot from 20 November by visiting www.virginmedia.com/santa
- Every child that meets Santa will receive a free reindeer soft toy
Virgin Media is spreading some much-needed festive cheer by launching the ultimate virtual Santa’s grotto for families across the UK, available free-of-charge.
During the first three weekends of December, families can pay a virtual visit to Santa’s grotto with everything you’d expect from an in-person meet and greet – including a cameo from Rudolph – but without leaving the house.
It comes as new research reveals that 60% of parents aren’t planning to take their kids to a grotto this year, with almost a third of those skipping a trip to see Santa because they would feel safer staying at home.
A grotto for everyone
As part of Virgin Media’s ongoing partnership with the disability equality charity, Scope, Santa’s helpers have put special measures in place to ensure disabled families and those who are shielding don’t miss out on the opportunity of meeting the main man either.
A poll of disabled parents also revealed that of those who aren’t attending a grotto this year, nearly one in five say that in-person grotto experiences aren’t accessible for their children.
As a result, Virgin Media will provide a sign language interpreter and an audio descriptor to ensure as many families as possible can enjoy the magic of meeting Santa virtually, thanks to the power of connectivity.
Go, go, Grotto
To secure a slot in Santa’s busy schedule, families need to complete an online form, which goes live on 20 November, with a selection of video calls reserved for Virgin Media customers.
To make the experience as magical and personalised as possible, families can provide Santa with their child’s Christmas wish list in advance, as well as any fun facts about their kids. Families who are allocated a slot will later be given an opportunity to share a copy of their child’s ‘letter to Santa’ ahead of their session with him, too.
When entry closes on 23 November at 11:59pm, virtual visits to the North Pole will be awarded at random – regardless of who has been naughty or nice. Santa’s elves will then book in sessions during the three weekends before Christmas, starting 5 December.
To make the experience even more special, every child that meets Santa will be sent a free reindeer soft toy of their own, complete with a red shiny nose.
Cilesta Van Doorn from Virgin Media commented: “When we can’t be together in person, we need to be creative and find new ways to enjoy the festivities while connecting with loved ones online. After an extraordinary year, Christmas couldn’t come soon enough and we’ve had lots of fun ensuring Santa and his elves have all the tech they need for the ultimate virtual grotto experience.
“We want to make sure the experience is accessible for as many families as possible and have worked with our friends at Scope to ensure that it’s a truly magical encounter for everyone as they take a virtual visit to Lapland from their laptop.”
Mark Hodgkinson, Chief Executive at disability equality charity Scope, said: “Christmas should be a magical time of the year for all families. But things can be a lot tougher for disabled families.
“These families often face barriers to joining in with activities and opportunities. This shouldn't be the case. There are 14 million disabled people in the UK.
“We were delighted to work with Virgin Media and to increase the accessibility of their grotto, and are pleased to put them in touch with disabled families.
“We wish all families that take part the best of luck, and those that are successful in the draw a wonderful time. They might be able to take an ‘elfie’ or two.”
How it works
- Families can request a video call from Santa via an online form – with slots available for disabled families and those who are shielding as well as Virgin Media customers
- The online form will go live on 20 November, closing on 23 November at 11:59pm
- Families will be chosen at random and will then be contacted by Virgin Media if they are successful in securing a 15-minute slot at Santa’s virtual grotto
- Video calls to take place on 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, and 20 December
The virtual Santa’s Grotto is part of Virgin Media’s ‘Let’s Do Christmas’ campaign which will spread festive joy and see incredible prize giveaways during December.
Notes to Editors
The sessions will be held across the weekends of 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 and 20 December.
Virgin Media has dedicated slots for disabled families and those who are shielding – which are available to anyone in their household.
One Poll surveyed 2,000 respondents between 6 November and 10 November 2020. One Poll also carried out a survey of 466 UK parents of 0-10 years old who celebrate Christmas and who have a disability between 4 November and 13 November 2020.