To make a macro trinket, you will want to utilize the “/use” macro command. Your trinkets are in slot 13 and 14, so to use one the command is: /use 13 Since trinkets are on the global cooldown, you can combine them with any spell you want afterwards. The ‘Bag Bar’ is numbered 0 to 4, with 0 being your backpack and 4 being the left-most bag.Each slot within a bag is numbered 1 to insert maximum number of bag slots. 1 is the upper-left slot and maximum number is the bottom-right slot. Each number ascends rightwards within a column, and then moves onto the column below. Community Forums UI & Macros. What is the Item # for trinket slot 2? Post Reply - 114062. Joined on 2008/01/02 Posts: 26.
I was wondering if there is a way to first check if my trinkets are off cooldown and THEN use /use them.
Here is what the problem is.
My macros look BASICALLY something like this.
Problem with this method is when my trinkets are on Cooldown I get bombarded withItem is Not Ready YetandSpell Is Not Ready Yeterror messages, which significantly reduce my casting speed, which is a BIG problem in PVP. You know every failed spell or trinket use trigger a GCD of like 0.5 or more.
I need some way to check if the trinkets are ready before executing the /use command and if they are still on Cooldown, the macro should skip the /use 13, 14 part and proceed directly with the spell-cast.
Here is how I imagine it, USING PSEUDO-CODE to just represent my idea.
Anyone got any idea how to resolve this ? I used the Search function but didn't find anything relevant to my problem.
Macros Beginners Guide
Making a macro
|Useful macros by class|
Customizes icon/cooldown information shown by a macro using the icon.
This meta-command accepts secure command options. The value associated with the first satisfied condition will be interpreted as described below.
If this meta-command is used with no arguments, the client will provide icon/cooldown feedback based on the /cast, /castsequence, /castrandom, /equip, and /equipslot commands in the macro.
Wow Macro Trinket Slot Numbers
You may specify an action using any format supported by /cast; in particular:
- Name of the spell of whose icon is to be shown, e.g.
- Name of the item of whose icon is to be shown, e.g.
- BagID slot
- The bag the item is in (0 is backpack, etc...), and the slot number, starting at 1, of the item you wish to show, e.g.
0 1 for the first item in your backpack.
- The slot on your character in which to show an item, e.g.
13 for the first trinket slot.
Wow Macro Trinket Slot Number
- If you don't know the spell, don't have the item, or the position you specified on your character or bag is empty, the button will show the default '?' icon.
- Other data affecting the button's appearance will be pulled from this as well, such as the green border around equipped items, the number of items you have, and so forth.
- The click action of the button will not be affected by this, you still need to use the commands to make the button do something.
- Any successive metacommands to define the icon or tooltip will be ignored.
- This does not affect the tooltip of the macro. If you want to specify both the icon and tooltip, you should use #showtooltip.
Retrieved from 'https://wow.gamepedia.com/MACRO_metashow?oldid=5631911'